Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Over the Skies of London

"Patience is not simply the ability to wait; it's how we behave while we're waiting." ~Joyce Meyer

Nicki: 

Right now, I'm sitting in a lounge in the London Heathrow Airport, waiting for our connecting flight to Capetown. Mom's taking advantage of the showers that the British Airways Lounge provides, and I'm sure that when she comes back out, I'm going to want to do the exact same thing. 

Our first flight was really good. Our seats reclined fully so that we could sleep comfortably, and they gave us sleep masks and earplugs so that we could go into our own little bubbles. Air buses are pretty much the coolest. If you ever get a chance to ride on one, take it! It's an experience in itself. 

I absolutely can't wait to get to Capetown! I have absolutely no idea what to expect of the area, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what it's like. I'm also looking forward to collapsing face-forward onto a bed once we reach our hotel. No matter how amazing an airline can make their overseas flight, nothing beats the comfort of a real bed. So, there's that. 


Cindy:

The airbus is so big and relatively quite for such a big plane.  We had a pretty smooth flight to London. The rest of our flights are on 747s so that first leg was really nice.  Nicki's taking a shower now - mine was wonderful and I feel refreshed and ready for the next leg.  We take off in 3 hours and land in Cape Town tomorrow morning at 10:00am.  We will be picked up and wisked to our hotel - hopefully get there before noon.  I have to say that the flight crew on British Airways was very professional and attentive - a pleasure to fly with them.

We also found out about this "free" phone service called "Viber" and we've used it to call home - Tom sounds like he's in the other room.  We can also use it to text.  Pretty neat - thanks Sandy Forkert.

I am also looking forward to landing in Cape Town.  We are staying at the Mount Nelson Hotel which looks fabulous.  I think one of our first adventures is to go to the Cape of Good Hope - I still can't believe that this is really happening.  This is a HUGE bucket list item and I want to remember every minute and adventure.  We are so happy to be sharing this with everyone.  Stay tuned.......





No comments:

Post a Comment